Thursday 26 January 2012

Granny Squares

Things have been a bit up and down the last couple of weeks, I've been full of cold and we had some bad news to deal with. My cold is slowly clearing and the horrid stuff is being dealt with (though I prefer Scarlet's way of 'I'll think about that tomorrow').

To much happier things, I've been looking around blogland, admiring gorgeous crochet projects and feeling very inspired by lots of clever, crafty folk out there. I finished the Granny Squares I'd been doing, lots of bright, funky colours, and then crocheted them together ready to make a cushion cover.


The only downside was what felt like a tremendous amount of 'ends' to sew in, I'm trying to learn from this and sew them in as I go along in future. It gave me such a sense of achievement to do this, so good to learn a new skill, especially one I've been meaning to learn for such a long time!

So now I've gone Granny Square mad...


It may look like a jumbled pile, but I am a woman with a plan... well sort of, nice throws to snuggle under. And look, Honey and Molly are already practising their snuggling... on my lap so I have to stay sat here and crocheting!


Take care
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Well done on the crochet. Looks like you've done very well in a short space of time. And you're one up on me! I haven't done any joining of squares yet. I've started a granny stripe and now I can't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, I'm straining at the bit to do a Granny Stripe next, just need to find a tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Attic 24's blog. She probably has a tutorial. The first blanket I did was the granny stripe, and I followed her tute. Great job by the way. I've been making lots of grannies lately too.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments