Saturday 11 February 2012

Birthday Books

As I said on my birthday, I had lots of lovely presents. I'm a bit of an Amazon fan, and while I love my Kindle to pieces (that was a Christmas present), I prefer to have my crafty books as 'proper' books I can stroke and flick through, this is where Amazon's wish list comes in handy for hubby :) I like that they let you have a few peeks online, and it's good to be able to see other peeps feedback - which can sometimes vary greatly!

Hubby had a good look on my wish lists, and I was thoroughly spoilt. I've been busy felting jumpers recently, so was thrilled with these



I found a lovely, very old, woolly blanket in a charity shop recently. I'm planning to use some of it to back some cushions now it's been felted. So far I have only flicked through these books, they need some proper grazing over when I have time, both look very scrumptious and inspiring though!

I bought some beautiful natural calico last week, and I'm very excited about doing some embroidery. I have a box full of embroidery threads from my many cross stitch projects over the years, and now I have a book full of patterns!


My last book is the second craft book from Kirstie Allsopp. I watched her television crafting shows, and while I don't think that all her crafting projects are available to everyone on a budget, there where also some beautiful crafts such as embroidery, felting, and baking that are! She has included some lovely recipes, and there are other items as well as those featured in her programmes. And I just love Kirstie anyway :)


Take care
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Well happy belated birthday. I hear ya loud and clear about the books. I prefer ALL of my books be "proper"! I just haven't given in to the kindle or nook yet. There is another embroidery book you might enjoy called Doodle Stitching. I like it, but I haven't done anything out of it yet. It's for beginners. Have you made that chain yet? Be sure to show us your progress.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments