Wednesday 4 April 2012

New Growth

I thought Spring was well and truly here, the sunshine was wonderful, spirit lifting. I spent some time planting seeds ready for the garden, cucumbers, peas, squash, lettuce, tomatoes... Some are snuggled up asleep in the greenhouse and a tray went on the kitchen window sill.



The weather has changed drastically... the heating's back on and it's very wet and windy (gale force winds last night), but a couple of my little seeds have valiantly pushed their way through. Here we have our first cucumber


and here's a little pea shoot


I'm very proud of them, but hopefully there'll be much more. Potatoes are in the tubs outside, but everything else is protected. I don't think we'll get any snow, but lots of places have. I don't want snow... it's April... I want sunshine!!

I had an appointment in Beverley the other day, we were early... so time to pop in a craft shop and some new stamps

I'm looking forward to watercoloring this one

I managed to resist buying a lovely bag with one of these designs

This is a small one, but so cute!
I have to include this photo of my niece. She was visiting on Saturday and tucking into her Uncle Andy's yorkshire puddings... he does make gorgeous yorkshires...


Take Care
xxx

3 comments:

  1. When I read this I thought I was reading about myself! I too have been planting all my seeds - squash, cucumber, tomatoes, courgettes, peppers and some flowers too! They're all in my little greenhouse but it's gone terribly cold here so I'm hoping they'll be alright. No seedlings as yet - was lovely to see yours :) Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very cold up here too, but at least there was no snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am not planting seeds this year for the first time in years and years. I just know I won't have the time to mess with them. i'll miss it.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments