Friday 13 March 2015

Crochet Hooks and Daffodils

Doesn't time fly, Easter and school holidays are just around the corner already! Spring is definitely in the air and the vases of Daffodils around the house are a reminder that warmer weather is on it's way.




We seem to have quite busy recently and I haven't spent much time crafting as other things have taken over. Imogen has just had her trip down to Wembley to sing with the Voice in a Million choir. It meant picking her up at 3.30 in the morning, so we had a very tired day the next day (I fell asleep in front of the TV the following evening).



We've also been having some work done in the garden. The patio needed resin between the cracks to stop those pesky weeds from coming through and we had a planter built from some old railway sleepers. I'm hoping to get an opportunity to spend some time in the garden over the weekend



have a bit of a tidy up and sort out last years tubs ready for this year and hopefully take a few photos. The weather has been very changeable so that will probably be the deciding factor in whether or not the pictures get taken!

Found my self a little bargain the other day that other crochet peeps may like to know about. I popped into The Range and found this set of 4 crochet hooks




It doesn't say on the pack, but the sizes are 1, 1 1/2, 2 and 3 and it only costs £1.



While I was there I picked up some polystyrene eggs to decoupage so I can hang them on my little tree, I thought I may felt the tiny ones.



I'm hoping to decorate my tree for each season... I have such a long to do list!

Happy Mother's Day on Sunday to all the mums out there.

Take care
xxx

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and good for you with the hooks.
    Hugs,
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you. In Canada Mother's Day is in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how Mother's Day is different, but Father's Day is the same I think x

      Delete
  3. I love daffodils, they're so cheery and bloom just at the right time when we all want cheering up at the end of winter. The Range is brilliant for bargains, isn't it? I was looking for a couple of metres of cafe net last weekend, 2 metres at Dunelm Mill was going to cost me £15.98, at The Range it cost me £1.90. I shall look out for those crochet hooks when I'm next in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hooks and the eggs were great finds. I shall look forward to seeing what you do with the eggs, I love decoupage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargain at the Range, I love that store.
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daffodils are always bright and cheery for this time of year
    Bargain with the crochet hooks
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely daffodils. Feeling a bit of hook envy :-)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you, finding those crochet hooks!
    Can't wait to see what you do with those eggs!
    Your daffodils are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bargain with the crochet hooks, definitely worth a trip to the Range.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Mother's Day, Cheryl - hope you had a lovely day. Funnily enough I retrieved my polystyrene eggs from the attic yesterday and plan to decopatch them - great minds...! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments