Wednesday 11 January 2017

12 Days of Christmas Swap

Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my last post, it's so wonderful to be able to share this special news and my excitement with you all.

Unfortunately I'm still ill and now my poor husband has caught it too. We sound like a right pair coughing and groaning, I'm expecting someone to ring a bell outside while shouting 'unclean, unclean'. I'm pleased say that our sweet daughter has recovered after bringing these germs into the house and is back at school. This is the second time that Imogen has been ill in the school holidays and passed it on. It always seems to knock me for six so I've told her I plan to wear face masks during her next illness!

I took part in Jo's (Through the Keyhole) 12 days of Christmas swap again this year. I was paired with Jo from Angel Jem's City Cottage. I already read Jo's blog so it was fun to go and look for swap presents for her and to make some too.

I made Jo a felt angel and a couple of brooches


I tried to use angels and hygge as my inspiration.






In return, Jo sent me a lovely parcel, which was put away to help me resist any temptation so I could enjoy opening a gift each evening. So many lovely things...




My daughter has claimed the Snowbites!



We love playing family games, so this card quiz was a hit




Such cute little salt and pepper dogs, I love them, some cross stitch to keep me busy and a lovely Christmas embroidery by Jo.




What a cute scrubbing brush! I love, love, love the coaster, what a thoughtful gift.




Thank you Jo for the lovely gifts, I really enjoyed opening them. Thank you to Through the Keyhole Jo for organising this brilliant swap again.

Take care
xxx

17 comments:

  1. More lovely swap parcels! I've been reading blog posts
    today about Jo's Christmas Swap and you've all given and received sweet, thoughtful gifts. I love your personalised coaster too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations you are so going to love being a grandma!, It is special i assure you! What a wonderful New Year gift!

    Get better soon xxx

    Amanda




    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swap, i really enjoyed taking part this year and am now enjoying reading all the blogs post and seeing the goodies people have sent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,the bug you got really as got me and everyone I know. Hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea! Such thoughtful gifts you gave and received. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many people going down with nasty things and they are really taking some shifting. Hope you feel better soon.

    I love that scrubbing brush...how cute!!! -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon.

    Thanks for sharing details of the swap ... I do like the little salt and pepper dogs, they are so cute.

    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is gorgeous here Cheryl. What a lovely assortment of swap gifts you received. And the ones you made for Jo look pretty special too. Its such fun to take part in swaps. Hope you are soon feeling much improved x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you and your hubby feel better soon, everyone seems to be going down like nine pins. Some great gifts, love your coaster and the scrubbing brush made me smile. I am always a fan of the handcrafted gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both sent and received such lovely gifts. I especially like those little doggy salt and pepper pots and the card quiz would go down well here too. Thank you so much for joining in. I hope you're both feeling better soon, there's so much of it going around at the moment. I started before Christmas and it's still lingering so it does take some time to shift so try to take it easy and rest as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the dogs, they are super cute. I do enjoy seeing what other people send and receive, there is always a good amount of chocolate!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope that both soon feel better. We had the horrible sinus cold over Christmas too. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, what an amazing collection of gifts. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely things to swap and receive! I hope that you are all feeling much better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I never even posted about the gifts you sent me.... not on the blog! Although I did put a run out on Instagram, I know. Do you think February's too late to go back and do a 12 Days of Christmas Swap post? The angel is beautiful, by the way, and watches over the bedroom at night.
    I'm so glad you got stuff you liked. It was lovely to be your partner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by, please stop to say hi I love to read your comments